We all know the centerpiece of any wedding is the bride, still, we all acknowledge that the dress worn by the mothers of the bride and groom are very important in the mix as well. After all, they will receive the guests and will be in most pictures during the event. For this reason, picking mother dresses for wedding ceremonies is highly important in this business. That’s why this article will pay special attention to stylish moms everywhere.
Mother of the Bride Dress Trends in 2021
2021 trends for the hottest mother of the bride dresses range from glamorous to precious. Designers went the extra- mile this season. Mother dresses for wedding ceremonies come with luxurious details and are in full length. Chiffon, satin, and tulle are a must for the season. Sequins are a nice addition to the picture and combine perfectly in exquisite designs and patterns. Moms also get to play with ruffle puffy sleeves and lace applications. Colors come in a darker palette, as mothers of the brides and grooms can easily go for a more dramatic look.
Selecting Mother of the Bride Dresses: The Dos and Don’ts
There are few things you shouldn’t do as a mother of the bride or mother of the groom, but we will nail them down shortly.
- Don’t choose the same dress color and try not to wear the same dress design as the bride either. It will make things awkward, it will confuse the guests, and antagonize the bride.
- Don’t choose an informal outfit. Think that, as a mother of the bride or groom, you’ll be in the spotlight.
Go for a design suitable for the position – the mother of the bride and the mother of the groom have wide responsibilities and are respectable figures in the picture. So, there are certain expectations in which regards the elegance and class that come with the position.
– The silhouette is very important. Also, choose a design and a fabric which match your figure and the season. You will want to feel comfortable as this will show in pictures. The night of the wedding is long, and standing on high heels is enough to be a challenge, so you don’t need extra discomfort.
– Nothing is too much. Last but not least, go the extra mile. It is, however, a very formal event, so up your game with precious fabrics, details, and luxurious jewelry. There will hardly ever be a similar event. Sequin, feathers (if you’re the type), you have dozens of items to choose from.
– Try to respect the theme of the wedding. The bride and groom probably have a very well-rounded idea about the theme of the wedding and what the party should look like; so ask them about their expectations, and the big picture will be more stylish.
5 Mother of the Bride Dress Ideas for You
To narrow down your research, we took the liberty and drafted down some suggestions for the hottest mother of the bride dresses and affordable mother of the groom dresses. Take a look make your great decision!
1. Simple Plus Size Lace Dress with Long Sleeves
You cannot go wrong with this simple full-length dress. The heart-shaped neckline is just precious, and the lace ¾ sleeves are perfect for plus-size ladies. The lace pattern is elegant, and the design just screams for a statement bracelet and some eye-catching earrings. This is certainly perfect for the occasion.
2. Stunning Mermaid Maxi Dress
Simple, yet of great effect! The round neckline is perfectly complemented by a loose hairstyle. The glamorous application on the upper part of the dress is a safe pick for this design and the darker the color, the greater the contrast. After all, crystals shine brighter in the dark. The half sleeves grow enough just to reveal perfectly shaped arms, so make sure to draw attention to your beautiful hands with some carefully chosen rings. Last but not least, the cord is beautifully designed to highlight and slim down the waist. Among mother dresses for wedding ceremonies, this one is surely on top.
3. Beautiful V Neckline Dress with Flutter Sleeves
Now, this is a dress you won’t get tired of any time soon. It only comes in dark colors, and for a good reason. This is a statement dress, with flutter beautiful tulle sleeves, and the V neckline is the very definition of elegance. The satin cord completes the airy design. This is a perfect pick for a summer wedding, and it will make any mom shine.
4. Sexy Empire Waist Dress with Short Flutter Sleeves
A very inspired pick for tall ladies, even more so for shorter ones. The dress lengthens the figure and is impressive with its design. The V neckline obtained by overlapping the two parts is stupendous, the creases are elegant in the upper part of the dress, and the cleavage reveals just enough to make the dress respectable. Flutter sleeves are nice ads to give the sober dress a playful touch. It is a very nice interpretation of the empire dress. These thrones among the hottest mother of the bride dresses.
5. Glamorous V Neck A-Line Sequin Dress
As usual, we left the best for last. Curiously, this ranks among affordable mother dresses for wedding night parties. The lovely ¾ sleeves of this full-length dress make a great pairing with the full sequin upper part. This dress is glamorous, to say the least. The A-line cut is a well-picked elegant solution for the mother of the bride (or groom) dress, a safe recognized exquisite pick. The V neckline in sequin is perfect for busty ladies, and the dark shades of this dress benefit the plus-size moms.
Choosing the dress for such a big day isn’t easy, but the effort is worth it. Our suggestions are perfectly balanced hand-picked items of high-quality dresses at affordable prices. It’s hard to look away, isn’t it?
You can also check out other articles if you are interested in clicking here:
Subscribe Here and get our Posts Delivered Directly to Your Inbox!