In the famous words of renowned stylist Tonina, “it is not about what size you wear, but how you wear your size.” This statement is particularly true for plus-size women who have loads of voluptuous curves to work with, more so during wedding season. With an influx of wedding ceremonies in the post-COVID era, it is important to stock up on elegant plus-size guest dresses that will not only help you dazzle during weddings but also far beyond the matrimonial season.
However, choosing the right dress is a daunting task given the vast range of adorable plus-size attires available in the current market. If you find yourself in such a predicament, this article will serve you with invaluable tips to guide you in your hunt for the perfect wedding guest dress.
How to find the perfect wedding guest dress on a budget
Suppose you have been invited to a wedding and you have no idea how to dress for your body shape. Here are some tips to get you going:
- Consider the time of the year and the type of wedding: First things first, make sure the attire is appropriate for the occasion and the weather. Is it a semi-formal, black tie, or casual kind of wedding? What does Mother Nature have in store for the day? You do not want to be the lady in a short and flowy gown at a windy beach wedding. A Marilyn Monroe moment at a celebration filled with hundreds of revelers is the last thing you want.
- Narrow down your options by considering what you feel comfortable wearing: When choosing plus-size dresses, always remember that you can feel and look sexy without compromising comfort. Narrow down the available options by factoring in elements that affect your clothing’s comfort, such as off-shoulder or cold shoulder, slit or no slit, and stretchy or loose fabric.
- Think about the colors and styles that are popular right now: Color is essential for wedding dresses. Ensure your dress does not compete with the couple’s color palette. It would be prudent to make inquiries beforehand so as not to be mistaken for the maid of honor. Also, make sure you choose a fashionable dress. For instance, plus-size chiffon formal dresses, preferably those with shoulder gowns, are the most stylish for backyard weddings. Perform thorough research and pick the most in-style option.
- Find a dress that fits your budget: Make sure you dress well but within your budget. Stick to the numbers you had set before investing your hard-earned cash on an overpriced plus-size dress. There are plenty of cheap plus-size formal dresses on offer. However, budget shopping can only be possible through intelligent styling and smart shopping. Look out for ongoing sales, and helpful return policies, and ensure you pay attention to your accessories.
- Make sure to try on dresses before buying them to ensure a perfect fit: Issues such as weight fluctuations and being between sizes can be significant impediments for plus-size ladies. Therefore, it is advisable to try on the dress before buying it and a few times before the actual occasion to ensure it fits perfectly.
- Accessorize appropriately for the occasion: You can use two options to accessorize strategically. Option number one is to splurge on one or two stand-out accessories that complement your entire look. Case in point, you could buy a classy statement belt that will not only balance your body shape but also define your waist. Alternatively, you can opt for multiple on-trend accessories that will blend exquisitely with your overall look.
With these tips in mind, below are some elegant plus-size guest dress options for your next bridal occasion.
The best plus-size guest dresses for a formal wedding
- V-Back Empire Waist Dress with Low-Cut Sleeves
This is a long flowy gown best for evening occasions. It features an empire waist, a high-low hemline, flutter sleeves, and a v neckline. It is ideal for more than just evening bridal celebrations; it keeps you pretty at all your evening engagements, including graduation ceremonies, proms, evening parties, and homecoming.
- Graceful Sweetheart Dress with Pleated Cap Sleeve
As the name suggests, this dress is designed to give you a chic appeal befitting a sweetheart. It has a cinched waist, a pleated neckline, and an A-line silhouette that gracefully flows to the floor. The dress’s fabric is also sparkly to ensure you are ever pretty. You are guaranteed an extraordinary entrance with this dress; simply cap it off with some elegant heels.
The best plus-size guest dresses for a casual wedding
- Romantic Double V Neck Ruched-Waist Dress
Looking for an ever pretty plus-size dress guaranteed to make an amaranthine impression? Then look no further than the double v-neck ruched-waist dress, which features a stylishly asymmetrical hemline and a ruche waist belt that allow for a versatile yet romantic look.
- Beautiful Casual Boat Neck A-Line Midi Dress
This elegant dress is suited for cocktails and other outdoor occasions. With its round neck, crispy A-line silhouette and flared sleeves, the dress make you look like a modern princess straight from the storybooks. If you feel like being extra with your look, you could accessorize the dress with golden, black or silver jewelry.
The best plus-size guest dresses for a beach wedding
- Elegant chiffon one-shoulder sweetheart neck dress
Plus-size chiffon formal dresses are an excellent choice for beach weddings. This dress in particular is guaranteed to flatter your curvy figure due to its draping lower design, ruched sweetheart neckline, and a unitary shoulder strap to sweeten the look.
- Sexy Off-Shoulder Dress
What makes this dress stand out is its high-thigh slit which allows for ease of movement and more importantly, gives you a seductive look that will win you plenty of sidelong glances. This seductive appeal is complemented by the empire waistline and exquisite off-shoulder.
The best plus-size guest dresses for a winter wedding
- Beautiful Sequin Front Slit Dress
This side-split mermaid dress is one of the best plus-size long formal dresses available on the market. It also features long sleeves, a deep v-neck to show off your cleavage, and its dark color goes well with colored heels. It is perfect for banquets, weddings, and all high-end occasions.
- Elegant Bodycon High-Low Velvet Dress
This gown is the epitome of plus-size elegance. Its high-low design and velvet finish give the outfit a sense of grandeur that will make you stand out from the crowd. It is a beautiful selection for weddings and other formal occasions.
The best plus-size guest dresses for a backyard wedding
- Romantic Chiffon One Shoulder Dress
Formal dresses for plus-size women are in-style and considered the beau idéal for backyard weddings and other formal occasions. Its classic design is a must-have for fashion-forward ladies with a knack for traditional decency. It has a free-flowing and ruched silhouette that espouses your ideal womanhood.
- Alluring Floor-Length Short Sleeve Dress
This romantic dress is as pretty as a picture. It includes a deep v neckline, flutter sleeves, a high-low hemline, and an empire waist. It is guaranteed to hug your curvy body in a decent and alluring manner, perfect for all formal occasions.
The best plus-size guest dresses for a summer wedding
- Stylish Ruched Bodice Dress
This pleated evening attire comes fully equipped with a deep v neckline and ruffled sleeves. It also features delicate ruching around the waist and bust regions to flatter your figure accordingly.
- Elegant Chiffon High-Low V-Neck Cocktail Dress
If you are not a big fan of plus-size formal dresses with sleeves, you should consider this dress. Its high low design and deep v-neck ensure you can dance or walk about without letting the hem get in your way. This silhouette, added to its soft chiffon, ensures you are comfortable and look sexy.
By and large, wearing for your size as far as plus size wedding guest dresses are concerned is as simple as following the tips mentioned above. Consider the occasion, consider the colors and style, ensure you are comfortable and within your budget, then narrow down your options for the perfect fit.
You can also check out other articles if you are interested by clicking here:
Subscribe Here and get our Posts Delivered Directly to Your Inbox!